jQuery will simplify DOM manipulation by allowing users to find, select and manipulate elements with specific properties. Users can also change element attributes and respond to events. jQuery can use Ajax to pass data between browsers and the servers without having to reload the web page. Event handling is provided by an event handler which receives an object upon an event. The event handler specifies the type of event and executes a DOM element function to prevent the event’s effect. The syntax for these simplicities is provided through jQuery’s selector engine, Sizzle. Sizzle is a CSS selector engine which can run through DOM elements to find specified elements.
Uses of jQuery
- JQuery can be used to develop Ajax based applications.
- It can be used to make code simple, concise and reusable.
- It simplifies the process of traversal of HTML DOM tree.
- It can also handle events, perform animation and add ajax support inweb applications
- Large development community
- It has a good and comprehensive documentation