10 top tips for driving traffic to your website
Kevin Costner famously said “If you build it, they will come” in Field of Dreams.
However, when you’ve made a website, you need to put a little extra work in so people will visit!
If you’re looking at ways to get more eyes on your site, here are ten of our favourite suggestions:
- Start up a blog: Regular blogging is a great way to get people to visit your website. Not only will it improve the odds of you appearing in search engines, but other sites will start to link to your content too.
- Get active on social media: Posting regularly on your social media accounts will remind people what is happening on your website, enticing them to visit. You can also post on relevant groups too, bringing your content in front of a new set of people
- Post on other people’s websites: Guest blogging and case studies on high-quality websites mean you can showcase your site to a brand-new audience.
- Put your website link everywhere you can: Promote your web link on your email signatures, business cards, company uniforms and vans. This makes your website increasingly visible, both on and offline.
- Claim your Google My Business Profile: You can add a wide range of content on your profile for free, including a list of the products you sell. This will increase the likelihood of people clicking through to your site.
- Set up an email marketing list: Email marketing is worth its weight in gold! Send regular emails to your prospective customers, with links to your latest blogs and promotions.
- Create videos: Did you know YouTube is the second most popular search engine in the world? Why not repurpose one of your best-performing blogs as a video, with a link back to your site?
- Answer questions on Reddit and Quora: A great way to get people to visit you is to sign up to these sites and answer people’s questions. Your answers will show up in the search engines too!
- Start an influencer marketing programme: Working with influencers on blog and social media posts can bring traffic to your website. If you have an eCommerce website, you can even give each influencer a discount code to drive sales!
- Advertise: If you have a small marketing budget, paid adverts on search engines and social media can promote your site to interested audiences.
Got thirty minutes to spare?
Once you’ve got people to your website, you want to make sure they stay there!
We offer a 30-minute audit where we can walk you through your current website and make some suggestions on how you can make it better.
Best of all? It’s completely free!